Collection of Information
We collect personal identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by our visitors. The information you provide is used to fulfil your specific request. We do not sell or share any information with any third parties.
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website. Cookies are useful because they allow a website to recognise a user’s device. If you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information. Aggregate cookie and tracking information may be shared with third parties but not personally identifiable information. By using the Hayes Garden World website without changing your settings, you agree that we can place these types of cookies on your device.
You can find more information about cookies at: www.allaboutcookies.org
Why do Hayes Garden World need cookies?
- To allow you to browse our website in the most efficient manner.
- To improve the security of our website.
- To allow you to share our website content efficiently via social media; such as Facebook, Twitter and Google.
- To continually make improvements to your browsing experience, remembering your preferences, enabling shopping online and generally improving the user experience.
- To compile visitor statistics in order to target our marketing. We receive data regarding how many people visit our site, what sort of device they are using (tablet, mobile etc), how long they spend on the site, what pages they are looking at and which search engines are used. IT DOES NOT KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE OR ANY BANK DETAILS.
How do I turn them off?
- If you have anti-spyware they will automatically turn off any cookies they think may compromise your security.
- Mozilla firefox - select ‘options’ then ‘privacy’ then ‘use custom settings for history’. Uncheck ‘accept cookies from sites’ or set exceptions ‘accept third party cookies’. Decide how long cookies will be stored (till they expire, till you close the browser or ask you every time). There will also be a list of stored cookies, just delete those you don’t want. You can block or allow cookies for individual sites via the ‘Permissions’ tab.
- Google Chrome - click the three dots on the right of the browser toolbar, select ‘settings’, then advanced settings and in the "Privacy" section, click the Content settings button & in the "Cookies" section, you can change to your preferred settings.
- Internet Explorer - select ‘tools’, then ‘internet options’ then ‘privacy’. As with Google Chrome you will again be given several options.
Safari - select ‘preferences’, then ‘security’ and finally ‘accept cookies’. Again you have the choice to block or allow sites to which you navigate.
What happens when I turn them off?
You will find that not all the functions of our website will be available to you.
What do they do?
- They monitor the type of websites you visit.
- They collect data from visitors to our website which allows us to deliver a better customer experience and improve the efficiency of our website.
- So that they can deliver paid advertising in the form of pop-ups when you browse the internet. These pop-ups are usually related to the type of website you visit; for example, if you visit fashion websites then the pop-ups will most likely be linked to fashion. So if you visit our website then our ads could pop-up when you browse other websites.
Do they know who I am?
- No. All the data they collect is stored in an encrypted format.
How do I control them?
- You can set preferences for how Google advertises to you using the Google Ad Preferences page, and if you want to you can opt out of interest-based activity entirely by cookie settings or permanently using a browser plugin.
- You can visit this page to opt out of AdRoll and their partners’ targeted advertising.
- You will still get advertising pop-ups but they will not be based on your interests or previous browsing history.
This website also uses Google Analytics & may use it for the following purposes:
- Remarketing (showing our ads on third party websites using cookies).
- Google Analytics Demographics & Interest Reporting. This company may use data from Google's Interest-based advertising or 3rd-party audience data (such as age, gender and interests) with Google Analytics to inform our marketing strategy.
How do I control them?
- You can opt out of Google Analytics for Display Advertising and customise Google Display Network ads using Google's Ad Settings page.
- You can opt out of Google Analytics using this browser add-on.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is not provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personally identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
By Phone: 015394 33434